Dr. Jean Devroye, HTS Clinic / 5913 grafts (3036 FUE + 2877 FUE-BHT) / 2 sessions

Dr. Jean Devroye, HTS Clinic / 5913 grafts (3036 FUE + 2877 FUE-BHT) / 2 sessions photo

**PATIENT’S DETAILS

45 years old, NW IV, losing hair since, no advanced hair loss history in his family (except his father, NW III).

Started applying Minoxidil and taking Finasteride few months before the first surgery.

✓ Average caliber hair.

Normal follicular units.

✓ Medium % of hair in telogen phase.

RECOMMENDED TREATMENT

Here we present a nice example of an FUE restoration, done over two separate sessions, on a 45-year-old gentleman who suffered from hair loss since many years.

During the first session (in May 2019), we extracted and implanted 3036 FUE grafts with the objective of restoring his hairline and improving the front-mid sections density, which presented some obvious bald spots. After the procedure, the patient experienced almost no shedding of the transplanted grafts : as can be appreciated in the photos, the regrowth was already remarkable 3 months and a half following the surgery.

The patient was so pleased about the results achieved that wished to perform a second procedure to cover the crown area and slightly lower the hairline. During this second sitting (which was performed in November 2019), 2877 grafts were harvested by means of FUE, including 300 BHT grafts (taken from the zone under the chin).

Regarding the timing between the two procedures : normally, I always advise my patients to wait at least until the 9th post-operative month before undergoing a second session. However, taking into account the very fast donor healing the patient experienced, and that the second surgery would have concerned mainly the crown area (which wasn’t treated during the first one), I felt that in this case we could safely proceed before the standard waiting time.

The final pictures that the patient sent one year after the second surgery show very nice and natural results, both on the anterior and crown areas.

SURGERIES DETAILS

1st Surgery - May 2019

3036 grafts

Technique : FUE

FUE scoring and extractions executed with my WAW system, now widely used in the sphere of FUE. It consists of a very precise pedal that enables to control the movement of the punch, that I also designed myself. The main advantage is to reduce substantially the number of damaged and transected hair, thus to raise the quality of the procedure. The system is now used worldwide and several dozens of surgeons or centres are already using it.

Incisions : 40-45/cm2

Grafts Breakdown :
☞ 400 Single FUE grafts
☞ 1386 Double FUE grafts
☞ 1088 Triple FUE grafts
☞ 162 Quadruple FUE grafts

✓ Total number of Hair : 7084

✓ Average Hair/Graft : 2.33

2nd Surgery - November 2019

2877 grafts

✓ Technique : FUE + BHT

FUE and BHT scoring and extractions executed with my WAW system, now widely used in the sphere of FUE. It consists of a very precise pedal that enables to control the movement of the punch, that I also designed myself. The main advantage is to reduce substantially the number of damaged and transected hair, thus to raise the quality of the procedure. The system is now used worldwide and several dozens of surgeons or centres are already using it.

✓ Incisions : 40-45/cm2

Grafts Breakdown :
☞ 620 Single FUE + BHT grafts
☞ 1104 Double FUE grafts
☞ 1018 Triple FUE grafts
☞ 135 Quadruple FUE grafts

✓ Total number of Hair : 6422

✓ Average Hair/Graft : 2.23

Dr. Jean Devroye