Dr.KORAY ERDOGAN- 2800 grafts performed for Alessio (Italian Interpreter,Asmed Team)

Greetings everyone!

I would like to present myself to those who have not yet had the opportunity to meet me. I am Alessio, Dr. Koray Erdogan’s native Italian patient assistant.
What should I say? Before beginning work at this clinic, I was involved with something completely different and this world of hair transplant was completely unknown to me. It was so unknown that I could not believe that I had any problems related to hair loss. Fortunately, in my family, no one was in bad shape hair-wise. Sure there were cases of a slight decline in density, but nothing serious, maybe close to a NW3 at the most. Just a bit of thinning at the temples and nothing more. I don’t want to go into my family situation too much. But what I do want to do, is focus mainly on how and why I decided, (even me), do undergo this surgery. A while back the doctor was looking at me and said, “Even you need a little bit of adjustment”. From the moment that he said that, everything began…the staff tried to convince me as to why the surgery would be beneficial to me, how I would look, etc. Truthfully, while looking at myself in the mirror, I saw the same handsome guy that I always was. Yes, it was true that I had a small issue that was slightly visible in afterthought, but with all sincerity, nothing that really bothered me.
Being in constant contact with people who are much worse off than me and who are feeling at a disadvantage because of the condition in which they are living, I looked for empathy amongst my patients. I have to say that in viewing certain cases, I commented to myself, like all of you have commented to me, ��Well, if he does it, it ��s must be fine �� and admitting to myself that all of us are perfectionists and want to have perfect hair and beards (our only trick in spite of women)!Little by little, I began to look at things in a new way and with a different perspective. I looked at the patients and the excellent work that takes place here at ASMED. I looked at the results of dozens of people that arrive here from around the world each day and I asked myself, ��What if I underwent this adventure as well? What would the result be? ��
One day, while there was an Italian patient at the clinic, the doctor asked me to sit down in front of him. He began to design a frontline saying that the change would go well with my facial features and that I should think about it. When I went into the bathroom to clean off the lines that had been drawn, I looked at myself in the mirror and I actually liked what I saw more than I would have expected. Zap! Then and there, something went off in my head that ��put fleas in my ears �� as we would say in Italian.
Several days passed, then months. Every time that I saw a new patient who was satisfied, as always, with the results, I thought. Every time I considered the way in which the entire staff worked and the innovation that was brought to each case each time to obtain the most optimum results with the least damage possible damage (I refer to the use of punches because of the white dots), I thought. I finally made my decision and presented myself before Dr. Erdogan saying that I wished to have the surgery if it was possible.
We decided together to perform the operation one month later in September. I was truly ready to undergo surgery in one of the best clinics (if not the best, in reference to manual FUE) and I couldn ��t wait to see the result (just like all the impatient patients). And so, it was decided! The 11th of September 2015, I underwent surgery with 2800 total grafts in the frontal zone as had been anticipated. On the momentous day, fortunately, I was not anxious or worried because of the 100 or more surgeries that I attended. I also knew that I was in the hands of the best, and so, I threw myself headfirst. Dr. Umut Kartal, our anesthesiologist, gave me a painkiller to help the anesthesia take greater effect and a sedative to relax my body (since I had to remain relatively immobile barring several pauses and massages) for several hours. The first session was for 2 to 3 hours in a sitting position for extraction, and the second, 3 to 4 hours, was in a supine position for the incisions and implants. We began at 11:00 a.m. and finished at 7:00 p.m. Thinking about everything that I had ever told all those patients, reassuring them about the anesthesia, the surgical room and the various phases of the operation, believe me �¦living the experience myself made me realize that something that is being told to you is very different than feeling it and experiencing it yourself. Everything went as I had expected, except the anesthesia. I thought I would feel a lot (thinking that fortunately I have a high pain threshold), but it wasn ��t that way. The nurses that were on my case had hands like angels (I want to give a little praise to my colleagues). During the surgery, there were times, (within the limits of where they had applied the medication),I felt something, but nothing unbearable indeed.After the whole thing was over, I actually attended a birthday party for my brother and cousin that evening. We even managed to celebrate my surgery!
At about a month ��s time after the operation, the transplanted follicles began to fall (alas) with very mild redness. (I must say that as long as the follicles did not fall, there was nothing). Pimples also appeared in the recipient area as was somewhat expected. (Just as a reminder, I had had folliculitis in the occipital area, and after my hair was cut, I realized just how bad it was). So, Dr. Erdogan gave me an antibiotic and in one week, everything vanished. During the operation, it was decided that there would be no extractions from this area, thereby limiting the area from which the grafts could be extracted. Fortunately, I didn ��t need a lot of multiple follicles since it was the frontal area that was being reconstructed and where mostly single and double follicles are in prevalence.
The key word is patience. I knew that the road of anticipation is a bit difficult (2 to 3 months of ��well where is this hair? ��) However, I know that from the 5th or 6th month, up until the 10th month, (as I often tell my patients), I will have a ��boom ��. Consequently, all in all, I made the right decision to correct a condition that could have bothered me maybe in a few years. Together with Finasteride (as everyone well knows, 40% of the success of the operation in some cases is also due to the assistance of the medication), I will be set for the rest of my life (I hope)! Before concluding, (I hope to have pleased everyone with my words and explanations), I wish to thank Dr. Erdogan from the bottom of my heart for giving me this possibility. If I hadn ��t known him, I probably would have felt uncomfortable at some point in future years with a situation that would haunt me. I also wish to give an obviously big hug to the surgical team who assisted in my surgery and who were with me the whole time.
ASMED is my second family �¦.
My information and photos follow; before, during and after the operation with the entire staff and also official photos. In this way, you can follow the evolution of my surgery month by month.

Ciao (bye) to everyone �¦ we ��ll see you when you come around for your surgery at ASMED! Be brave steers!
ALESSIO

ASMED SURGICAL MEDICAL CENTER
DR KORAY ERDOGAN

- PATIENT’S AGE: 30
- NW: II A
- Total transplanted area: 50 cm2
- Total donor capacity: 7000-8000 grafts
* Temporal, Parietal and Occipital density: 70 uf/cm2* Parietal and Occipital Hair Diameter: 60 micron

- OPERATION DETAILS: 2803 grafts FUE extracted by manual punch, diameter 0.6 mm - 0.7 mm.
Incisions executed by: custom made blades, lateral slit
* 725 single grafts* 1450 double grafts* 572 triple grafts* 56 multiple grafts
* General average Hair per Graft: 1.98

- GRAFTS DISTRIBUTION: 2803 grafts were used to restore the patient’s frontal area.
- FINASTERIDE: The patient has started finasteride along with the surgery.

BEFORE THE OPERATION WITH DRY HAIR

BEFORE THE OPERATION WITH CIRCLET

BEFORE THE OPERATION WITH WET HAIR

OPERATION

15 DAYS AFTER THE OPERATION

�¨ �¨

BEFORE THE OPERATION WITH DRY HAIR

BEFORE THE OPERATION WITH CIRCLET

BEFORE THE OPERATION WITH WET HAIR**

OPERATION

15 DAYS AFTER THE OPERATION

�¨ �¨