Unshaved Hair Transplant
Unshaved hair transplantation is a procedure performed by shaving the donor area without shaving all of the hair and shortening it. It is done by transplanting the hair follicles extracted from the donor area into a sparse area as in normal transplantation operations. Since the hair is a reflection of the external appearance, it is not surprising that people considering hair transplantation want their hair not to be shaved. Unshaved transplantation arising from aesthetic concerns can be considered as an indicator of this process. Unshaved transplantation allows patients to return to their jobs and social life in a short time after the operation, so it is a transplantation procedure preferred by people such as models, artists and presenter, especially women, due to the nature of their work.
Is Unshaved Hair Transplant a Transplant Method?
With the development of technology and the emergence of new techniques, the expectations of people who want to have hair transplantation have changed. People who want to have their hair transplanted but do not want their hair shaved due to aesthetic concerns; Especially women prefer hair transplantation without cutting hair. Since the hair is cut 1-5mm-2mm in the normal transplantation process, the social and work life of the person may be affected for a few weeks after the operation. Especially such needs have led to unshaved hair transplantation. Is unshaven hair transplantation a method arising from aesthetic concerns? No, unshaved hair transplantation is not a method, but the classical FUE or DHI methods are performed without cutting the hair. Unshaved FUE can be expressed with different names such as hair transplantation without shaving or hair transplantation without shaving, no cut.
In July realized by DH method is said to be easier than the cultivation hair trimming made by FUE method.
How is Unshaved Hair Transplantation Performed? (Regional Shaving)
The person who is ready for the operation is taken to the room for washing and the planning of the hair transplantation is made.
According to the condition of the hair and the expectations of the patient, only a small part (15 cm) of the donor area is shaved and the unshaved hair transplantation is planned.
After determining the places where the roots will be taken and transplanted, the hairline is determined and created with the patient, local anesthesia is started.
Following the anesthesia of the transplantation area, according to the method preferred by the doctor, the hair follicles are first loosened from the donor area via micro-tips, then removed with tweezers-like forceps and placed in a container filled with saline serum.
After the graft extraction, channels are opened in the area where the roots will be transplanted. After the channel opening process, the process is terminated by starting the placement process.
Long Hair Transplant Problem
There is a lot of confusion about unshaved hair transplantation. The most important factor that causes confusion is the misconception that unshaved hair transplantation takes place without cutting the hair completely. unshaven hair transplant procedure known as in Turkey, the donor and the rest of the shaved hair shaved yapılmamasıdır.t not completely unshaven operations performed long hair or long hair is called a hair transplant. In long hair transplantation that requires more attention than normal transplantation in terms of skill, the skill of the doctor is very important, as the robust removal of the graft affects the transplantation result to a great extent.
The fact that it is more detailed than the standard transplantation procedures makes the experience and knowledge of the doctor more important. Long hair transplantation, which is performed completely unshaved, is a procedure performed and preferred by very few doctors today because it is technically difficult. and the high risk of possible root loss reduces the preference rate. It is not recommended in cases of intense hair loss where more grafts need to be removed. However, the hair is sparse; Especially in operations requiring few grafts, where the spillage is limited to the anterior region, the doctor may consider making an unshaven transplant. In addition, although long hair transplantation is performed, the hair will already be shed with the shock shedding that the patient will live for about 3 weeks to 3 months after the operation.
Why Is Hair Shaved?
The hair is shaved as it enables the donor area and the area to be transplanted to be seen comfortably and easily. The shaving process provides great convenience to the doctor in terms of determining the subcutaneous exit angle of the hair follicles more easily and
forming the canals where the roots will be placed in accordance with the natural angles.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Unshaved Hair Transplantation
Unshaved transplantation, which is preferred by people who want to have their hair cut, has many advantages as well as many disadvantages.
- Unshaved hair transplantation allows the person to return to work and social life more quickly after the operation.
- Unshaved transplantation, for people who do not want to have their hair cut short; Especially in women, it erased the completely bald image anxiety caused by hair transplantation.
- Since it occurs in the form of regional shaving, the shaved donor area can be easily publicized by other hair.
- Since hair transplantation is performed without cutting the hair, there is no deterioration in the existing hair shape other than the newly transplanted hair.
- People who like to use long hair do not wait long for their hair to grow.
- Unshaved transplants do not cause abrasion on the scalp or hair follicles.
The striking disadvantage of unshaved hair transplantation compared to normal shaved transplantation is that although there is no difference between the results when viewed from the outside, the cost is higher. Another striking disadvantage of unshaved cultivation compared to shaved cultivation is; In people with excessive hair loss, hair transplantation is done in a few sessions. In addition, the experience of the doctor in using the DHI pen may be partially disadvantageous in unshaved transplantation using the DHI method. For this reason, it is important not to insist on a method that the doctor does not recommend. If you need to explain in detail the disadvantages of unshaved transplantation, you can take a look at the items below.
- Although the transplantation process varies according to the number of grafts to be transplanted, unshaved hair transplantation takes longer because it requires more effort.
- While hair transplantation with FUE takes an average of 5-6 hours, unshaven transplants may take 7-8 hours due to the need for attention and effort .
- With unshaved hair transplantation, up to 3 thousand grafts can be used for transplantation. In operations requiring more than 3,000 grafts to be transplanted, the transplant area may need to be shaved for an effective process .
- Since unshaved transplantation is not possible with more than 3 thousand grafts, it may be necessary to repeat the transplantation operation several times.
- Transplantation without cutting hair can be more difficult for people with intense hair loss. For this reason, it is known that unshaved transplantation is more successful in regional transplantation.
- During the operation, while the roots are placed, the damage to the healthy roots is higher, so the doctor requires more careful work.
- Existing long hair may cause sweating and oily in the transplantation area, so it is more likely to get germs until the roots heal.
- Hair transplant fee is higher compared to normal transplant operations.
Why Are Unshaved Hair Transplant Prices High?
Since unshaven transplantation requires more attention and involves a more demanding process compared to normal transplantation operations, the prices are higher. One of the points determining the prices of hair transplantation is the work and technique used by the doctor. While it is obvious that unshaved hair transplantation requires more effort, the prices of unshaved hair transplantation naturally increase.
How Long Does It Take To Heal After Unshaved Hair Transplantation?
In the first 10 days after hair transplantation, the roots enter the healing process. The most basic indicator of this healing process is crusting. Skinning is a process that can be easily passed after washing with lotion. In this process, itching may be seen in the transplantation area that is dehydrated from the crusts. Itching can also be caused by the new hair follicles trying to reach the skin surface. Although it varies according to the person, the transplanted hair will begin to grow and grow with the shock shedding process that occurs between about 15 to 3 months.